Friday, April 9, 2010

Joy in a Jar

Nutella is Italy's gift to the world. Not leather, blown glass, lace or architecture (heck, not even political systems) - it's chocolate and hazelnut brought together in a union I can only describe as foodgasmic. I basically lived off this stuff in Paris, and have been known to consume obscene amounts straight from the jar.

With a raw material this good, the possibilities are endless. The week of finals last quarter, my roommates and I went through about four jars of Nutella and made brownies, cookies and biscotti. You know, focusing on academic achievement. I started with the basic Good For Everything cookie base but found that adding Nutella significantly altered the consistency of the dough. Of course there was nothing wrong with the taste, but I wanted to see if I could maintain the cookie-ness that I so dearly love.




 


Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Use the Good For Everything recipe but make a couple of modifications.

- Use half the normal amount of butter
- For every egg, add 1/2 C of Nutella (1 C for a full recipe, 1/2 C for half)


Everything else is the same, but your world will be rocked in an entirely new way. Lives will be changed, relationships saved, world peace reached. No sweat.


1 comment:

  1. "Lives will be changed, relationships saved, world peace reached. No sweat."

    AMAZING. And sooo true. :)

    ReplyDelete