Saturday, June 26, 2010

You CAN send love in the mail!

It's tough being caught between two places. I spent the first 18 years of my life in the peaceful village of Los Altos (I still get annoyed that we're a "village"), but the last 3 in San Diego have been incredible and I feel just as much at home there as I do in little LA. Of course one of the things I miss the most about being in either place are the friends I've left in the other - and what better way to send a little love than with baked goods? 

My former roommate Elise's favorite thing is white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and I unfortunately never made them for her while we were living together. BUT it's never too late, and I found these amazing blondies that I knew I had to send to her immediately! Who says you can't buy (or make) love? 
Once again, I subbed in some whole wheat flour, and you can decide whether you want more or less in your own. I just like having that feeling that I'm at least trying to be healther... right?



White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
From Crepes of Wrath

1/2 pound (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
3 C all-purpose flour (or 2 C all-purpose and 1 C whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 C white chocolate chips
1 C macadamia nuts, toasted and roughly chopped

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl, then add eggs, vanilla and almond extracts. Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Stir in white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Spread batter into a square baking pan prepared with nonstick baking spray and bake for 30-35 minutes (until completely set and golden brown). Let cool completely and cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and Jarred and I enjoyed these very much!! :)

    ReplyDelete